Regius Monumentum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Double Take 04/10/13
Until Death Do Us Part EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 12:38 pm by TiaLynn

» I'm Tired of Being...
Until Death Do Us Part EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:20 pm by TiaLynn

» All For Her
Until Death Do Us Part EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:20 pm by TiaLynn

» Witches Brew
Until Death Do Us Part EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:22 pm by TiaLynn

» Under Your Bed
Until Death Do Us Part EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:33 pm by TiaLynn

» Falling on Deaf Ears
Until Death Do Us Part EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:05 pm by TiaLynn

» The Sun Burns
Until Death Do Us Part EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:51 pm by TiaLynn

» Taping Sand
Until Death Do Us Part EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:07 pm by TiaLynn

» Bravery WIP
Until Death Do Us Part EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:04 pm by TiaLynn

Affiliates
free forum
High Voltage
Dead Days
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 5 registered users
The newest registered user is mylshan

Our users have posted a total of 90 messages in 80 subjects

Until Death Do Us Part

Go down

Until Death Do Us Part Empty Until Death Do Us Part

Post  TiaLynn Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:59 am

Scarred, open wounds, and fresh skin that were to one day become an open wound or another scar. It was all the same. Always. And I didn't think it will ever change. But will it? Could it? It was just a record that was broken.

I used walked around aimlessly like every other day. Talk to people like every other day. But none of that really matters to me. Not anymore.

I used to think that love would stick with you forever, even if the relationship with whoever the hell it was didn't work out, like it more than likely wouldn't. But sometimes, your whole world can come crashing down, and I am not being cute, I am being literal.

About a year ago, my world came to an immediate end, and I have never been able to fix it.

~

He would always compliment me with every little thing I would do, and at first it was a touch annoying, but after awhile... He grew on me. I would normally ignore any sex hitting on me or trying to push themselves onto me, but he was the most persistent person I have ever met.

He had a few things really going for him, and often I would tease him by saying he was one of those rejected guys from love stories. The kind who is ignored until the unappealing qualities are somehow fixed or improved. However, even though he was just another rejected love story character, he had the appearance of the guy the girl usually begins with - the guy the reject wants to show the girl is no good. His hair fell down smoothly to his shoulders and was as black as night that complimented his amazing grey eyes. As for his choice in clothing, he had a bad boy look to him what with his black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt that was covered by his trademark leather jacket. And although I will never admit it, one of my favorite thing about him was his height. He was a little over six feet tall, and hugging him was like hugging no other. Though I never showed it to him when it was important, feeling his arms around me, his slender body against my frame, and his chin resting on my head was like nothing I ever felt before. It was a good escape from the life I loathed to live.

I'd known him for about four months and got to know him very well. He had a few girlfriends before, despite his shy way of doing things, and they'd all left him at some point for really stupid and stereotypical reason. Rather sad, really. He told me that since those girls, he'd gotten stronger and eventually made it his own goal to make all girls feel beautiful no matter who they are. At first, that seemed really fucking stupid, and pretty lame to me. But like I said, the kid grew on me. And, very much like how all those stories I used to hate went, I fell in love with him. Head over heels in love with him.

We eventually moved in together when the time was right, and each morning it was routine. I could set my watch by it. He would wake up a few moments before myself and look at my face as I groggily opened my eyes and stared in a dazed manner up at him as he smiled. "Good morning, Lynn" he would whisper before he bent forward and kissed the end of my nose. I'd smile and laugh softly, my eyes lighting up happily. "You have the most beautiful hazel eyes in the whole world" he'd tell me as he caressed my cheek. It was the same routine, every morning. Most people would grow tired of that, but to me, it was home - and I loved it like nothing else.

There later came a time where I once thought to myself, "Hell, this isn't so bad after all." And it wasn't. I had lived a wonderful life, and I had no idea that that one moment in time would be when it would all come crashing down on me. I was staring deep into Xander's eyes, because that day he decided to be all romantic and shit. The boy really knew how to make me blush like a shy little girl.

I was never one to wear much jewelry save for perhaps a necklace or various piercings, but this day in particular I was wearing a single ring, and my tear-stained face was smiling the widest smile I'd ever had. Xander, after all this time fulfilled his dream of asking me to be his wife, and I accepted with no hesitation. I leaned forward like they do in the movies and I kissed his sweet lips, and was never more in love and more happy than that moment in time. That was the last time I'd ever seen Xander's sweet face...

~

The entire time I was growing up, a war was waging across the globe, and it was getting worse and worse as technology expanded over time. Eventually, it caught up with everyone: the inventors, the fighters, and the innocent and confused... It was all over for them all, but I'd known better than to stand by and watch Xander and myself be a victim of circumstance. I knew what I had to do when the alarm bells rang, it was my turn to show the world what I could do. What we could do.

I grabbed my love's hand quickly and together we began to run to the underground safe place we had spent years building when we found out the new technologies could be our quick demise. The storm was brewing for years, and years, sucking the color out of the sky. The wind had picked up even greater than it ever had on that day as well and in between the static of the radio we had, we heard that it was a category five hurricane. I began to cry and gripped Xander's hand tighter, confirming he was still there because I was so numb, and so dead inside.

We weren't far from safety, but I heard yelling behind me. The wind and destruction around me was so loud, I could hardly make it out but was alerted to turn around by a sudden tug on my hand. Xander's normally calm face in a dangerous situation was sheet white, and his grey eyes were clouded with tears. The storm was almost directly behind us, and he knew that I was never much of a fast runner. Without thinking he ran in front of me and bent down, and I knew what I had to do. I lunged forward and held him tightly, and the second I did so, everything else was automatic like it was practiced. Our breathing was heavy and panicked, though it was swallowed up in the chaos engulfing us.

An explosion was heard not to far from me and it didn't surprise me that when I looked over in a panic I saw people still fucking fighting with explosives and guns, arguing over who the fuck gets to live through the storm. Pathetic. But, for some reason, I didn't frown or make my famous scowl, but I smiled. I smiled knowing that the one's who were selfish their whole lives would get what they deserved, and I would live a happy life with the one I love, and we'd be unstoppable.

Xander jerked forward ever so slightly as we stopped abruptly. The smile from my face vanish as quickly as it came as he pulled open the door and motioned for me to jump in in a panic. I shook my head and mouthed for him to first, but he refused. He wanted me to be safe first, so I jumped. I landed in the dirt with a loud thud that echoed in the cave-like area. Turning to Xander, I extended my hand towards him even though he did not need it. I just want to hold his hand again, without his touch I was nothing. But it happened, my very worst nightmare, came to life. The storm had caught up to us, and as Xander was closing the door and ready to jump in through the small hole he'd left for himself, he was whisked away by the monstrous and powerful wind. He was the strongest person I knew, but his face told me had no chance. I reached my hand forward to try and grab him, but it was too late. Instinct took over because I knew it is was he wanted, and I pushed hard on the door. Slamming it shut, I began to pant and slowly slid down the wall. I could tell you I cried, almost killed myself, I could tell you a lot of things.

But I can't remember. It was all black afterward. My world is still black.

I made it my destiny, my one sole purpose to find him. I know he was alive. he had to be alive. He wouldn't leave me alone, it wasn't in his nature. He always returned to me...

~

It took several days for the storm to die down. Every few moments you could hear a faded howl or scream, or even a gunshot or two. It was the soundtrack I'd gotten used to. When the storm died, so did the people in it. Every footstep turned up a new corpse, a new weapon, and a new shameful piece of my history. History that couldn't be changed. But I am not the type to stand by and watch things just happen. I was going to find him. We promised each other we would not part until death. And I sure as fuck didn't plan on dying anytime soon. Not without him.

TiaLynn
Admin

https://royalmemories.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down