Regius Monumentum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Double Take 04/10/13
Writing Exercise - Random! EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 12:38 pm by TiaLynn

» I'm Tired of Being...
Writing Exercise - Random! EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:20 pm by TiaLynn

» All For Her
Writing Exercise - Random! EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:20 pm by TiaLynn

» Witches Brew
Writing Exercise - Random! EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:22 pm by TiaLynn

» Under Your Bed
Writing Exercise - Random! EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:33 pm by TiaLynn

» Falling on Deaf Ears
Writing Exercise - Random! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:05 pm by TiaLynn

» The Sun Burns
Writing Exercise - Random! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:51 pm by TiaLynn

» Taping Sand
Writing Exercise - Random! EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:07 pm by TiaLynn

» Bravery WIP
Writing Exercise - Random! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:04 pm by TiaLynn

Affiliates
free forum
High Voltage
Dead Days
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 5 registered users
The newest registered user is mylshan

Our users have posted a total of 90 messages in 80 subjects

Writing Exercise - Random!

Go down

Writing Exercise - Random! Empty Writing Exercise - Random!

Post  TiaLynn Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:48 pm

I was made to write a micro fiction about the following: (Yes, it is random, but out of the list, I liked what I got stuck with)

1. Character(s) - Astronaught/ Wise old woman
Genre - Pirate
Theme - There's a bit of good in everyone.

Strange. That is one word that could describe our neighbor, Miss Lind. She is silent, and her face is as white as paper, her hair pulled in a tight bun. It looked as though it had never been let down. Miss Lind had a strange obsession - pirates. At night, she would walk around in a pirate costume, practically cosplaying. But only at night. By day she was seen as just an old bitty who nagged children into getting away from her rosebush. Everyone has their differences - I guess there is a bit of good, or possibly inner child, in everyone.

========

2. Character(s) - Depressed teen & Happy housewife
Genre - Chance encounter
Theme - Everyone has a dark side.

Depression. We all have felt it before, don't deny it. Nick walked down the road, thinking of nothing but his girlfriend. Or, his ex? What would you call a lover who was killed tragically, are they still called a girlfriend? He never looked up once from the road.

Up ahead. Nick looked up for the first time. He saw a woman, about early thirties in avibrant colored dress. Her heels clacked on the pavement, but that was not what was outstanding about her. Her hair was in a ponytail, exposing her face a lot more than Nick with his mask of bangs. Her eyes shone brightly, Nicks barely noticable. Her smile was wide and sort of welcoming, Nicks was nowhere to be found. How could she be so happy? She looked like a house wife from a 50's movie.

The other side. Her frozen smile, like an article in a magazine had a message behind it that only Nick seemed to see. She was in pain like Nick. Unlike him, however, she masked it with a smile, and not her bangs. Who knew even someone who looked like her could be so dark inside. Then again, who has light anymore? Think about it, it's a short list.

TiaLynn
Admin

https://royalmemories.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum